Ask questions via our contact page so we can keep this page updated for you.

How do I enrol on your programme?

You will firstly need to come and visit us to see if you like it and we can offer what you are looking for as well as whether we can meet your educational needs. You then need to go to your Careers South West advisor who will complete some important paperwork which they send to the SEN department at Cornwall Council. Lastly you will need to name us as your next provider at your EHCP review meeting.

Are there minimum entry requirements?

No, it is about the individual’s needs and whether we are able to meet them. However, our programmes start from Entry Level 2 meaning if you are Entry Level 1 then this may be ok for you although we can check this when we meet. We then go up to Level 2 which is GCSE grades 4-9 (A-C in old speak!). That said, we do have to consider the overall ability of the group as it is impossible to teach an Entry Level 2 and Level 2 student in the same group as the gap is just too wide.

Do you offer external work experience?

Yes, we do try and offer this where we can, however, securing these can be difficult (we are just being honest and don’t want to make promises that we know are difficult to keep). Therefore, we are constantly building relationships with local businesses in order to secure external work experience opportunities. Current businesses we work with include; Heartlands, Porthcurno Museum, The Minack Theatre and Standing Stone Stables to name a few but we are looking to expand these to try and cover as many industries as possible.

When can I come and visit?

We offer open events which usually run between October and February every year. However, any visits required after February can be arranged by giving us a call and we shall book you in.

How many students are in classes?

We are very small. Our class sizes are between 8 and 12 young people each year depending on their level of support. As our classroom is quite small we focus on quality of delivery and prefer to do this with smaller numbers which include staff and students.

Do you provide transport?/How do we get there?

All parents are responsible for arranging transport, this is usually via the post-16 transport department at Cornwall Council. You can do this online here –